It’s amazing what you find, only a hundred metres from the Scout Hall…
The Cubs all participated in an activity to clean up the local creek, Stony Creek, and collected a diverse array of garbage including:
- a bicycle, in fairly good condition
- a rather worn office chair – still at the Scout Hall (we’re open to any reasonable offers!)
- Woolworths shopping trolley
- remnants of a flat-screen TV
- and of course, countless bottles and cans.
The evening did raise some interesting questions: such as, do you need to wear a helmet when riding an office chair (or shopping trolley) along the footpath?
The Cubs had a lot of fun, and more importantly learnt about looking after our environment.